Immerse yourself in new experiences, meet new friends, and take classes in subjects you have never explored.
Discover Your Interests, Skills, Talents and Values
- Identify and assess your interests, skills, and talents:
- Read through the Luther College Catalog; select at least one elective course that interests you and relates to your natural strengths and abilities.
- Participate in the Lifetime Health & Wellness course designed for all first year students.
- Learn more about your interests through an interest inventory. Contact the Career Center to ask about taking an assessment.
- Investigate student organizations, then selectively join one or two.
- Pursue a summer job or volunteer opportunity related to your interests.
Explore Majors and Careers
- Talk to your advisors, faculty, career counselors or mentors about majors, study abroad and careers.
- Read about the course requirements in the Luther College Catalog.
- Check out occupations related to various majors starting with What Can I Do With This Major?.
2. Conduct an informational interview with someone (possibly a Luther Alum) working in your field of interest.
Prepare for the World of Work
- Draft a College Resume
Options for creating a resume:
a. Attend a Writing Your Resume & Cover Letter Workshop.
b. Schedule a 1:1 "Resume Basics" appointment with the Career Center by calling 563-387-1025.
c. Read the Writing Your Resume guide.
d. View the Make Your Resume POP video.
- Schedule an appointment with the Career Center to have your resume reviewed by calling 563-387-1025.