HOUSING ACCOMMODATION GUIDELINES
Luther College is a residential college and the residential experience is understood to be an integral part of the Luther education. Luther College is committed to the support of students with disabilities, as well as the full participation of students with disabilities in all aspects of college life, including residential life.
Please be advised that Residence Life has a limited number of single room housing accommodations available for students with medical conditions. Therefore, single room housing accommodations are reserved for individuals who have documented disabilities and the documentation illustrates clear and substantial needs for whom living with a roommate is not viable, as in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Iowa law. Be further advised that requests for single room housing accommodation based on a student’s preference, rather than disability, will not be approved by Disability Services.
HOUSING ACCOMMODATION RENEWAL
1. Single room housing accommodations are valid for the current academic year and must be renewed each academic year. Guidelines dates are as follows:
Priority Deadline Dates:
2. While applications submitted after these dates will be accepted and considered, we cannot guarantee that Disability Services will be able to meet late applicants’ accommodation needs.
3. Please note that although Disability Services may support a student’s request for housing accommodation, assignment is dependent upon Residence Life’s room availability. Therefore, students may be placed on a waitlist.
2. Please note that providing the college with medical documentation does not guarantee a single room housing accommodation and that the desire to not have a roommate, or to have a quiet, undisturbed place, is insufficient to warrant a single room housing accommodation.
3. In order to determine eligibility, the student must meet and speak with Disability Services and provide documentation that supports how the disabling condition impacts their ability to live in standard housing with a roommate.
4. Disability Services will review your documentation to determine whether you are eligible to receive a single room housing accommodation.
5. The following documents are not considered acceptable forms of documentation: