Student Conservation Association


The Student Conservation Association (SCA) offers recent college graduates and current college students two distinct and exciting opportunities to work for the conservation of natural resources. The first is an expense-paid internship with one of the state and federal agencies or private organizations that partners with SCA to conserve natural resources. These internships range widely from resource interpretation with the National Park Service to vegetation management with a local conservation district, and include everything in between. The second opportunity is to become an SCA Corps member. Corps members live and work for 3-10 months with other individuals who share a passion for the land and the people who live there. SCA Corps members work on wildfire management and education, trail restoration and maintenance, environmental education, and invasive species eradication. The main difference between the two is that Corps members are usually in teams and are directly supervised by SCA Staff while interns are supervised by partner organization staff.

Application Info

Both internship and Corps positions exist throughout the year, but the majority of them take place during the summer. Applications for both are accepted throughout the year on a rolling basis. The application processes for the two are similar. Both require you to fill out an SCA application first. For those looking for an internship, the SCA applications are screened by SCA staff and then forwarded to hiring officials at the partner agencies who then make a final decision. SCA Corps applications are handled entirely by SCA staff. Internship positions are posted up to six months before they begin, but many are posted much less in advance, so the process is dynamic. Corps positions are posted around three months in advance.