Talent scholarship auditions, including the Weston Noble Music Scholarship must be completed prior to the deadline each year (April 15, 2023). Musicians who complete their Luther application after April 1st may be considered for a deadline extension. Notify the Admissions dept. of your interest.
Audition Checklist for Weston Noble Scholarships:
- Students must complete an application to Luther before scheduling
- Prepare selections based on Scholarship Audition Requirements
- Request an audition date (see options below)
- Complete the Recruit Me - Music form at least 1 week prior to your audition date so responses which include your music interests and accomplishments can be shared with Luther Music.
- Additional music résumés or pre-screening recordings are not required for a Weston Noble Music Scholarship audition. In nearly all cases, music for accompaniment does not need to be sent in advance.
Audition Options for Weston Noble Scholarships:
1. Audition during an individual weekday visit to campus when scheduling allows.
2. Audition during a Luther College Group Visit Event when scheduling allows.
3. In-person auditions are strongly encouraged, but if you need to audition virtually, please make that request by filling out the Virtual Audition Request Form.
Video recordings may be required in advance of your virtual appointment. Check audition requirements for your instrument to determine if a video will be requested.
- Upload files (ex. Youtube) and share video links, if required, upon request.
- Ensure permissions are adjusted so files are accessible to anyone at Luther.
- Professional recordings are not required but do be mindful to record in a quiet space ensuring that you & your instrument (bowing when applicable) can be seen clearly.