Family Weekend - September 23-25, 2022
We so look forward to showing you a bit of Luther College and Decorah in early fall! Check out the schedule for the weekend!
Step One: Make your lodging reservations - area places may still have availability, but we don't recommend waiting too long! Go to visitdecorah.com and click on "stay more" for an updated list of area hotels, motels, cabins, Airbnbs, VRBOS, and campgrounds - Decorah has plenty to offer!
Step Two: Check out the Family Weekend schedule.
Pre-registration for Family Weekend is now closed. If you plan to be on campus for the Family Weekend events and haven't yet registered, no problem! Just stop by the Dahl Centennial Union on Saturday from 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m. to make a name tag and pick up information about the Decorah area.
In addition to catching up with your student and participating in events on campus, you may be wondering what you might do in Decorah and we've got some ideas:
- Hit the Luther Bookshop to stock (or restock) your Luther gear.
- Take a look at the view of the Valley from the deck of Dahl Centennial Union.
- Check out downtown Decorah and take advantage of the restaurants, ice cream and pizza joints, coffee shops, and sports bars both downtown and in the surrounding area, many owned by Luther grads, offering a wide variety of cuisines from all over. We recommend reservations at most places - call ahead to check for sure!
- Pack your hiking shoes or bicycles(you can also rent bicycles!), you can hit the trails early and still make lunch! With miles and miles of trails over the rolling hills as well as up into the bluffs, you can really get lost in this part of the Driftless Region. We also recommend visiting two of our favorite parks: Dunning's Spring and Phelps Park.
- Learn a bit about Decorah's heritage by stopping in at the Vesterheim Museum (they also have a new outdoor area that is lovely).
- With nearly every storefront full, downtown Decorah is bursting with retailers, offering nearly everything you might need to check some things off your holiday shopping list (no, it's not too early). Clothing stores, gift shops, arts and crafts suppliers, candle shops, a food co-op, bookstores, and much more!
Future Family Weekend dates:
September 22-24, 2023
September 20-22, 2024