Grading Procedures

Faculty and student in chemistry lab.


Enter AU if a student fulfills the audit requirements or an F grade if a student did not do so. The F grade will convert to NC.

Credit/No Credit

If the course is set up for Credit/No Credit grading, you may submit grades of CR (credit) or NC (no credit), or you may enter a letter grade. Letter grades will convert to CR or NC in the computer. Receiving CR means earning a letter grade of C- or better.

Cross-Listed Courses

For a cross-listed course, you only need to grade one discipline. The grades submitted in one will show up on the other discipline.

Grade Changes

Faculty may change any submitted grade via up until the grade deadline. After the grade deadline has passed, faculty should submit the Grade Change form, available at the Registrar’s Office or as a PDF on Norse Hub. Do not send grade changes via email.


An Incomplete grade is meant for students who are doing passing work or better but fail to complete the remaining course requirements due to circumstances beyond their control (e.g., illness). It is NOT meant for giving a failing student an opportunity to redo unsatisfactory work or to allow more time to complete the work when the reasons for the delay have been within the student's control. In cases where an incomplete is appropriate, the instructor, in conversation with the student, establishes the deadline for completed work to be submitted (typically before the end of the subsequent semester; if the deadline needs to extend beyond that, the instructor should communicate with the Registrar). An instructor may recommend to the registrar an extension of this deadline in cases of special hardship. If no grade is submitted, an Incomplete grade will be replaced by an F at the conclusion of the subsequent semester.

Missing Grades (including Incomplete resolutions)

Faculty are expected to submit grades by the grade deadline through Norse Hub. Any grades submitted after the deadline (including grades that are resolutions of Incompletes) must be submitted via the Missing Grades form link available in Norse Hub.

Senior Honors Project

Students working on a year-long senior honors project are registered for 0 hours of credit in the fall term. This is graded CR/NC. If the student has completed the requirements for the fall semester, you should enter a grade of CR. Students are enrolled for 4 credit hours in the spring term and the letter grade is recorded then.